Potential Forum Purge

General Discussion for Battle Zero Network!
Developer
Netframe

Potential Forum Purge

Post#1 » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:50 pm

Hello all,

The team and I have been thinking a lot lately about the state of our forums. A large part of our forums are old topics/threads that haven't been touched in a few years. We are seriously thinking about purging the forums so no threads are left and the board can start anew.

We will post a global message on the forums when this will possibly take place so some threads can be saved and/or archived by the community.

Thank you all for the understanding.

Developer
Netframe

Re: Potential Forum Purge

Post#2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:35 pm

Hello all, after thinking about this for nearly 2 months, I've decided to go ahead and purge the forums. A lot of the threads on here are now old and the discussions have been slow regardless. To be quite honest, not many people use our forums so giving a fresh clean slate for the forums is a good idea in my mind. The board will be backed up incase anything goes wrong, but from doing this before, nothing really should.

All user accounts, including staff with the exception of global posts for rules and information will be wiped clean of posts. The actual accounts pertaining to the board will remain intact. You will still be able to log into the forums like normal once the maintenance is complete for the purge.

No is the time to go ahead and save any treads you'd like. Once the purge is over, we will not revert it back.It will be lost to time.

The purge will take place on June 1st, 2018. We have over a month before the purge.

Any informations regarding this, please email our support team at modteam@battlezero.net.

Thank you all for the understanding. Hopefully we will move forward with a new outlook on what we're going to be doing with the website. As the sole owner of battlezero.net, I feel World of Warcraft isn't the best way to go as far as gaming news/content, solely.

I have brought a new team member on board to bounce ideas off of each other for possible future changes. Chinchilla is his username, and we've been actively talking about what to do as fast as what should we feature, content, games to cover as well as what services we should provide to the community.

Years ago, back when we started in 2011, we had several pages of made content, however, that was lost when we went offline back in 2014. I was able to recover some things, but not a lot. I've been rewriting old code for the website just from memories, however, this is time consuming, I'm the only developer left. I want to try and make a great site, but with how fast the World of Warcraft progresses, I don't think it will be possible to focus directly on the game, with ever changing themes and what not. What I admire as well about some other gaming sites for WoW is their style. Like MMO-Champion. They haven't changed one bit in 10 years. I want to focus on something like that, so once the code is written, not much has to change.

Thank you all for the time. I'll update soon!

Return to “General Discussion”